05-31-15 GAME THREAD: GOING FOR THE SWEEP

by DocProc 31. May 2015 12:06
Man, it's nice to write that title. Sophie Tucker famously said: "I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better." Likewise, I've watched wins and I've watched losses. Wins are better. These past two games have been fun. A sweep would be even better. Here's hoping.

05-30-2015 GAME THREAD: Game 2 Reds vs. Harpers

by Mary 30. May 2015 10:56
Strange game time today, not sure why. Anyway, here is today's lineup, complete with BP leading off.     For anyone going to tonight's game, here is what the prize in your crackerjacks looks like:

05-29-15 GAME THREAD: NATIONALS AT REDS, GAME 1

by DocProc 29. May 2015 15:09
This is probably not the team the Reds want to face as they try to break out of their slump. Then again, they didn't do very well against the last-place Rockies, either. Let's see what happens. As I resign myself to the fact that the Reds won't be a playoff team this year, I will continue to root for our starting pitchers. I want DeSclafani, Lorenzen, and Iglesias (and later Moscot?) to do well to give us hope for the future. I want Cueto and Leake to do well to increase their trade value. Not... [More]

05-26-2015 GAME THREAD: Ouch!!

by Mary 26. May 2015 18:56
This season is a PITA recently; may something happen soon.  In the mean time, here is the lineup for today:         Looks like it is raining cats and dogs on bark in the park night.

05-25-15 GAME THREAD: MEMORIAL DAY AGAINST THE ROCKIES

by DocProc 25. May 2015 12:20
Glad to see Votto batting second again. Not happy to see Marquis still in the rotation. BHam batting after the pitcher.

05-24-2015 GAME THREAD: Stop The Streak NOW!

by VottoLoco 24. May 2015 09:15
The Reality:    The Reds are not going to contend this season.  Next season, given the current payroll commitments and projected arbitration raises, the team will be pushing $100M with only 15 players.  This is without Cueto, Leake, and Pena.  Bailey will also not be available at the beginning of the season.  That means that the rotation will consist of DeSclafani as our ace and whatever mix of rookies and free agents the front office throws together.  That t... [More]

05-23-15 GAME THREAD: REDS AT INDIANS, GAME 2

by DocProc 23. May 2015 15:10
Not sure why I'm such a glutton for punishment but I'll probably watch some of today's game.

05-22-15 GAME THREAD: REDS AT INDIANS, GAME 1

by DocProc 22. May 2015 19:10

5-21-15 OFF DAY THREAD: The Good and Frustrating News About This Team

by AshlandATeam 21. May 2015 14:39
Ok, so the last five days have sucked. The 2014 World Series participants showed us what a real team looks like, and it wasn't pretty. And as a result, we're suddenly four games under .500 and people are (rightfully) beginning to check out. Looking at the numbers, though, there's actually some good news. Consider:   - Cueto and Chapman are still Cueto and Chapman, and for the time being, they're still Reds. - Votto, if not looking fully recovered from last year's struggles, is awfully c... [More]

05-20-15: GAME THREAD: BUT WE'LL NEVER BE ROYALS

by DocProc 20. May 2015 16:31
To paraphrase the CSN song Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, "It's getting to the point where it's no fun anymore..." Judging by the turnout on the blog last night, I'm probably not alone in that sentiment. As I watched last night's game, I wanted to be a Royals fan. They have a really good young team that's putting up some gaudy hitting and bullpen numbers. I would share them with you but they're just too depressing. Okay, here's one: They lead MLB in doubles with 85. The Reds are dead last with 38. Her... [More]