Part 1, 2010 World Series: Pregame Warm Up

by btalbert25 28. October 2010 17:31
So I know we really haven’t had traditional starters with it being the off season and all but I thought I’d type up something about what baseball and the World Series means to me.  It is long winded, nostalgic, and potentially boring, but I hope you enjoy.  I thought it would be nice to discuss something other than Contracts, trades, and business type stuff for a little while.   Bucket List:  While I was writing the entry below I made mention of a bucket list.&n... [More]

2011 Salary Estimates - How Much Can the Reds Spend in the Off-season?

by RedFaced 24. October 2010 04:15
According to MLBtraderumors.com  Reds have guaranteed salaries for 2011 of $42.733MM arb-eligible players are not accounted for in this figure.  This figure does include buy-outs and money owed ex-players.  We've heard the Reds will likely pick up Arroyo's option ($13MM - $11MM plus $2MM performance bonus) as well as Gomes' option (1.75MM).  We've also heard that they are interested in re-signing Hernandez and Rhodes. It's likely Rhodes would sign another $2MM 1 yr deal and H... [More]

2011 World Series Contenders

by RedFaced 15. October 2010 10:31
OK, I keep hearing the minor tweaks we all feel need to be made in the off-season but I keep thinking what NEEDS to happen to make this Reds team able to compete with the like of the Phillies next year?  Not so much WHO this team needs to sign or trade for but WHAT they need to improve and be able to play on that same level. Areas that need improvement: Strikeouts at the plate: In 2010 the Cincinnati Reds were 7th in all MLB in the number of times they struck out.  Only the Ra... [More]

A 12-Step Method for Getting Over the Reds' Playoff Performance, by Dr. Dolphin

by SDDennis 11. October 2010 13:07
  It sucks when you’re hosed But you’re still bottle-nosed So you’ve got to get over the Playoffs You’re mad and you’re sad But you try to be glad At least you’re not mired in layoffs   So here is a cure That will help you, for sure To make this embarrassment soften (You might think it comedy Because the best remedy Will be beating the Cardinals often)   So go through these steps With plenty of reps To help keep you mentally fit... [More]

10-10-10 GAME THREAD: GAME 3 of the NLDS

by AshlandATeam 10. October 2010 14:14
Game Time: 8:07 at Great American Ballpark, 7:07 in Ashland   Pitching Matchup: Johnny Cueto VS Cole Hamels   Lineups: Philadelphia   Victorino Polanco Utley Howard Werth Rollins Ibanez Ruiz Hamels    Cincinnati StubbsPhillipsVottoRolenGomesHernandezBruceJanish CabreraCueto     Leading Off: True story: this morning, I woke up. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and began to get dressed. Suddenly, I felt a funny feeling in my stomach, an... [More]

10-9-2010: Ice Baths, Advil, and Hair of the Dog, Just Heal Up Today

by btalbert25 9. October 2010 10:12
Ouch!   So Friday’s game hurt, really bad. I’m a glass half empty kind of guy, but I’ve got nothing from this game. It’s one thing when Halladay comes out and pitches a phenomenal game, but it’s another to give it away like that. I can truly say tonight was the first game that this team disappointed me. I wanted to punch through a wall, I wanted to scream, and I seriously wanted to throw something hard and heavy through my TV. It was just a rough night.  ... [More]

10-8-10 Thread Starter: Time to Even the Score as Mr. Cool Phlings Phrisbees and (please) Phillies Phlail

by btalbert25 8. October 2010 09:43
Game Time:  6:00PM ET   Pitching Matchup:  Bronson Arroyo vs Roy Oswalt   Lineups:   Cincinnati Reds: Phillips 4 Cabrera 6 Votto 3 Rolen 5 Nix 7 Bruce 9 Stubbs 8 Hanigan 2 Arroyo 1   Philadelphia Phillies: TBA   Goosfraba:   Everyone say it with me now, are we all good and calm?  Good!  I'm not going to fret too much on Wednesday night.  Tip your cap, you watched one of the great pitchers in the game throw one of ... [More]

10-7-10 OFF DAY THREAD: Moving On From Yesterday

by AshlandATeam 7. October 2010 11:59
This thread was unplanned, but I think necessary. After all, everything that's been said about yesterday's game has been said, and it's time for us at Redsoctober to move on.   So, here's today's assignment: looking just at the positives, why are YOU, Redsoctober member, excited for this weekend? What gives you hope? What gives you reason to watch Friday and Sunday, as the Reds attempt to find a chink the armor of perhaps the best team since the Big Red Machine?   Let's look at the... [More]

10-6-10 GAME THREAD: Reds VS Phillies, Game 1 of the NLDS

by AshlandATeam 5. October 2010 23:49
Game Time: 5:07 ET, 4:07 in Ashland   Pitching Matchup: Edinson Volquez VS Roy Halladay   Lineups:   Cincinnati Reds (0-0 and Already Swept Out of the Playoffs) Phillips 4 Cabrera 6 Votto 3 Rolen 5 Gomes 7 Bruce 9 Stubbs 8 Hernandez 2 Volquez RHP   Philadelphia Phillies (0-0 and Already Punching Their Ticket to the NLCS) Rollins Victorino Utley Howard Werth Ibanez Ruiz Valdez Halladay   Leading Off: 1919. 1940. 1975. 1976. 1990.   ... [More]

10-4-10 OFF DAY THREAD: 2011 PREVIEW

by RedFaced 3. October 2010 18:41
I know, I know the playoffs are coming but with all the excitement of going to the post-season we haven't really discussed what this team will look like in 2011 and I thought since we have a few off days we might as well open that topic up now and discuss it a little.   What we can reasonably assume for 2011:  Position Players and Starting Rotation:  Votto at 1st base, Phillips at 2nd, Rolen at 3rd, Bruce in RF, Stubbs in CF, Hanigan at C.  The rotation will have Cu... [More]